Thursday, January 21, 2010

What will remove NAIL FUNGUS, excluding oral medications?

There are oral antifungal medications to kill nail fungus. I'm sure you have seen the Lamisil commercials. Downside is they take at least 3 months of consecutive use before you see significant improvement! Three months on antifungals can cause major liver damage! All these meds are the same drug - I think ketoconazole is the name. It is a steroid derivative which also affects the liver's metabolism of other drugs and hormones. So I would strongly consider living with the nails.





Sorry. As far as I know, that is the only method that works.What will remove NAIL FUNGUS, excluding oral medications?
Once you notice the fungus under the nail, there are nail products to use. Don't worry, if you catch it in time you can treat it. OPI makes a good one, go on their site. Orly nail products makes one as well.


I had one and had acrylic nails, I left them on and treated it. Many people have fungus and don't know it. I had an esthetician tell me I had a fungus on my toe. It was actually a bruise on my toe where my 130 dog stepped on it.What will remove NAIL FUNGUS, excluding oral medications?
Fungus proliferates in damp and moist areas. There is few things you can do to prevent further growth...1)keep nails and hand/feet as dry as possible. 2)Keep nails short and always sterilize clippers and nail files before and after use.


Best way to eliminate fungus is to use an alcohol(dilute with little water) like vodka and soak your hands/feet in it for about 5 minutes.


You can also try an eau de toilette on infected area... spray it on throughout the day... don't overdo it...it may cause irritation and sensitivity...


Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment