Thursday, January 21, 2010

Diabetic with nail fungus should i be concerned?

can nail fungus hurt meif i am diabetic?Diabetic with nail fungus should i be concerned?
You probably have nail fungus BECAUSE you are diabetic. Fungus thrives in a high blood sugar environment. If left alone, it could lead to major infection and amputation. I treat mine in two ways... First, I keep my blood sugar as normal as possible. Second, I wash thoroughly, keep my nails well trimmed, and apply a combination of Vick's VapoRub庐 and Rite-Aid tea tree oil (mixed in with the VapoRub庐) onto my toenails and surrounding area each day. I make sure and push the mixture in well under the toenails. It has helped more than prescription oral Lamisil庐. My nails are still somewhat yellow and thick, but they're not falling off anymore. In fact, they're growing back nicely. If you are a type two diabetic, you might benefit from learning how I manage my blood sugar. Just click on my avatar and follow the link under my profile.Diabetic with nail fungus should i be concerned?
Many people that are not diabetic have nail fungus. It is not dangerous, just ugly and annoying. The prescription medications that are out there for it can have very serious side effects and they are not recommended by many doctors. Yes, Vicks actually does help reduce the appearance of nail fungus. You need to rub it on liberally several times a day and be sure to get it under the toenail. It will be quite awhile before you see any difference, but even if you took the prescriptions medications, they also can take about 7 to 8 months before they have a noticeable effect.
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=nail+fu鈥?/a>


Try some Athletes foot fungus treatment. Beware of dirty carpets %26amp; shoes.
  • get ride of
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment