Thursday, January 21, 2010

I have a nail fungus and am struggling to get rid of it, I dont want prescribed drugs can anyone help?

Moisture, heat and darkness is required for the growth of fungus.


Fungal nail infections may be difficult to treat. Even with successful treatment, it is common for the fungus to return.


Good general health and hygiene help prevent fungal infections.


* Keep the skin clean and dry.


* Take proper care of your nails.


* Wash and dry your hands thoroughly after contact with any fungal infection.I have a nail fungus and am struggling to get rid of it, I dont want prescribed drugs can anyone help?
First of all nail fungus is, also known as Onychomycosis, is an organism which digests the keratin found in your fingernails and toenails. Onychia is an inflammation of the matrix (surrounding tissue)of the nail with formation of puss and shedding of the nail.


The fingernails and toenails are naturally built to be strong barriers and resistant to fungi and other infections. If the barrier isn't strong then once the infection is present, it's very difficult to eliminate sometimes. Nails may turn green or yellow or a darker color .





1 - Topical treatments like liquids and creams are commonly used to treat less severe cases. These treatments are usually acid-based liquids or anti-fungal creams.


2 -external treatments are powerful anti-fungal medications, such as Lamisil or Sporanox. Prescription oral medications are usually used in more severe or difficult cases. Nail infections can be difficult to cure and can be treated effectively.


One home remedy that has been very successful in getting rid of nail fungus is the Vinegar Cure For Toe Nails and finger nails. U can also go to Walgreen's and get this stuff called Fungi cure .


The earlier that an infection is detected, the easier it can be to treated.I have a nail fungus and am struggling to get rid of it, I dont want prescribed drugs can anyone help?
I tried the drugs from the doctor and they helped a little, but I had to keep having my blood tested and the long term out come is I still had the bad nails at the end of it all.





The other answers people have given are spot on and give gret advice, I found mostly though they tended to sooth rather than actuall cure and eliviate the symptoms. Definatley take on board the advice about wearing gloves and washing, as fungus can very easily be spread.





I tried Vics vapour rub too, it helped, but it has to be used continuously, which meant I smelt as though I had a cold all the time LOL.





I have since gone down the natural and herbal route, I apply cream every day, no smell and the symptoms are well under control, maybe do a bit fo research into this, there are some great olis out there.





Good Luck, hope that has helped.
i know someone who got a nail fungus from getting acrylic nails in a nail salon..she's had this fungus for over 2 years and even lost her fingernail because of it...she used prescription rx and everything else and nothing works..... my best advice to everyone is to stay out of the nail salons!!
wear gloves all the time! Seriously, you can buy some treatment over the counter at the chemist
Sea salt in a bowl of warm water or in a foot spar.

No comments:

Post a Comment